Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Bugs Bite!

Yesterday morning Kolby woke up complaining his legs was sore. Upon a closer look he had apparently been scratching at some bug bites in his sleep. One of the bites had welped up and looked a little hive like. I put some hydrocortizone on it and sent him off to daycare for the day. I informed the center about it and asked them to let me know if it got any worse.

When I got to school to pick him up his leg was swollen. I took a picture (I'll try to upload soon) that made it almost look broken it was so swollen on one side. I showed the picture to my mom and she was concerned and suggested I call the doctors office to see if I should take him in or not.

I called the office and left a message, they paged Dr. Daley and he called me back in about 5 mins. (have I mentioned I love this doctor?) I explained to him what happend and that the bites felt warm. He told me to give him 1tsp of benadryl immediately put ice on it for a while, after the ice put more cream then another tsp of benadryl before bed, and bring him to the office in the morning.

I followed the doctors orders exactly and Gigi and Papa took him to the doctor this morning. Turns out it is not infected, but there is nothing we can do about it other than treat them as they appear. Doc said starting putting cream as soon as we notice bites and hopefully he won't scratch them and they will go away vertually pain free.

I also had mom ask him about the recent bed wetting we have been facing lately. Someone had suggested to me it might be an infection causing the accedents but the doctor informed us it is actually a sleeping disorder. It has nothing to do with the need to go, and in fact he doesn't even really need to go, he just does. The doctor suggested using pull ups and said that waking him up to go at night doesn't help anything.

My only question to this would be if getting him up doesn't help then why when we get him up does he not have accidents but if we don't then he does?

No comments:

Post a Comment