Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Speech Therapy

A few months ago Hailey saw her ENT for a follow up visit and he suggested she see a speech therapist if her speech didn't drasticly improve in the following months. Here we are almost three months later and people still have difficulty understanding her when she talks.

I spoke with the therapist the doctor recommended and they couldn't tell me if insurance was going to cover any of her therapy or not. I tried to talk to my insurance but it was all kinda foreign to me. I was under the impression they would only cover speech therapy if there was a medical reason as to why she needed it.

As her mother in my opionion she needs it and they should pay for it. I found another company through our daycare center who is very willing to help word it so insurance will cover and to top it all off they can do all her sessions at the center. I mailed in my paperwork today and then we will set up an evalutation appointment and see where it goes from there.

I pray this will help her as it does get difficult for all involved when you don't have a clue what she wants or needs.

2 comments:

  1. Therapy is such a balancing act with insurance. I am sorry you have to go through it but am so glad that you are being proactive about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to add that I love your new look! Have you seen my blog lately? I changed it up too. I haven't written on it much as I have been blogging about my weight loss journey instead.

    ReplyDelete