The fourth of July fell on a Sunday this year. We woke up and went to church, after which we drove straight to Gigi's house. Hailey saw there were deviled eggs and asked ever so nicely if she could have one Please. Gigi told her she could have one with dinner. We visited and cooked and had a good time. Mimi came over and brought cupcakes. We got to celebrate my birthday too!
The kids skipped naps and were really testing my patience. They were being picky about eating lunch but Hailey finally did, Kolby didn't. So he didn't get a star on the Chore Chart for eating that day. We went and visited some distant family members I haven't seen since I was a kid. It was great catching up. When we got back home we had cake and ice cream and the kids sang me Happy Birthday which is just adorable.
The church has a big 4th of July picnic every year with fireworks and I thought it would be fun to take the kids. They really seemed to have a good time. They rode the train twice, they even rode the ponys all by themselves. Kolby started off a little scared but by the end he was enjoying himself. Everytime they passed me, Hailey would shout real loud "Yee Yaa".
Finally the fireworks came. It was a great show and they both like it. Hailey kept telling me to watch, which I already was. It was an incredibly LONG day but we made it through and everyone survived.
No comments:
Post a Comment