Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Long Time

Well not a whole lot has happened in the six weeks since my last post. I'll see if I can put it all down in a relatively easy to follow timeline.

A week after Hailey had her surgery she fell and busted open her right eyebrow requiring us to take an evening trip to the Urgent Care Clinic to have three stitches put in. I would love to brag about what an amazing daughter I have but unfortunately I cannot. Hailey was an absolute pain from the moment we got there till after we left, she didn't want anyone to look at her owie much less touch it. At one point she looked at me and said "Mommy, Help ME!!", the doctor replied with a very sweet toned "We are trying to help you sweetie". Hailey turns her attention to the doctor and informs him "You no help me!"

Every Saturday we go to gymnastics at The Little Gym. Both kids love it, most the time. It does a great job of helping to break up our Saturdays. I originally signed them up with the hopes that it would assist Hailey in her clumsiness and help Kolby to be a little less fearful. Kolby seems to have shed some of his fear factors but Hailey, bless her heart, is just as clumsy as ever.

Now that the weather outside is nice, we have spent many evenings in the backyard. We started a garden and are growing, tomatoes, squash, zucchini, okra and strawberries. The kids were very excited to help plant the garden and I think they will be even more excited when we actually get some food from them.

A couple weeks ago, Hailey had an eye doctor appointment and we knew this was coming eventually but she was sent home with a perscription for glasses. We went that evening to the mall and she picked out two different pairs she liked and ended up picking the pair with the sparklely flowers on the sides. I have been amazed at how well she is doing with keeping them on and not setting them down in random places. We even forgot them one morning and she nearly came unglued.

On the bad side of things, Kolby seems to have days where he is reverting back to being two years old again. He has been having random potty accidents, and biting his sister. Although, in his defense most of the bites were provoked, not okay but provoked none the less.

Hailey has learned the word "really" and uses ALOT! Everything is "but mom, it hurts REALLY bad!", or "I have to pee pee really bad", or "no, I not bad I was really good!"

Well that's about all I can think of for now so until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Let's see, the cycling through the biting stage and accidents is normal and age-appropriate if crazy-making. Keep up with the Little Gym, we did Gymboree for two full years and after about a year was when we finally saw Christian's coordination improve. I am so glad that Hailey is doing well with her glasses. Christian got his when he was 3 1/2 and has done soooooo well. After they get used to them they are just so grateful to be able to see the right way that they don't want to be without them. Keep up the good work mama!

    ReplyDelete