Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

Summer 2009

Wow the summer is flying by and the kids are getting bigger and smarter daily! Hailey is taking swimming lessons this summer and has become an adorable little fish in the water, not scared of a thing. Last weekend at my grandma's swimming pool Hailey sat and scooted off the diving board (jumping still seems to be a little difficult as she steps and ends up hitting her booty on the board, so she prefers to sit and scoot right now). Kolby is getting better in the water not quite as scared as he was earlier in the summer but still not as brave as Hailey.


Hailey had her follow up eye appointment and the doctor was happy to announce that her eyes seem to have fused. She goes back again in October for another checkup.


They are both talking SO much more now, you can have a conversation with them and understand a little more than half of what they are telling you. Hailey will end most sentences with "OhKay?" Last weekend Grammy (Gigi) bought them each a new movie, princesses for Hailey and Mickey Mouse for Kolby, they have watched both movies every night since they were purchased and it has become part of the routine. We come home watch princesses, eat dinner, watch Mickey, and go to bed. Last night after we finished dinner Daddy went in to start their movie and he put princesses in for a second time, once it was over it was bedtime and Kolby wanted to watch Mickey. I explained to him that it was bedtime and he could watch Mickey first the following night. Hailey was listening to this explaination and she came over and looked at Kolby and said "Rella, Rella, Mickey marrow OhKay?, OhKay!" and turned and walked away. It was all I could do to keep from laughing.


I think I can safely say that Kolby has got the hang of the potty now. I am confident that I will never EVER buy another package of diapers unless it is for a friend or family member's child!!! Most nights Kolby will even go to bed without a diaper, and the rule is you may go to bed in underware as long as you go peepee before you get in bed. One night Kolby sat on the potty for over an hour trying to go peepee so he didn't have to wear a diaper to bed. A couple of nights ago I asked him to go potty and he said he didn't need to so I asked him if he was going to peepee in his pants, he told me yes so I asked if he wanted to wear a diaper to bed, he nodded and walked in the other room to get a diaper. The next morning his diaper was wet! He hasn't had any nighttime accidents and so far we are doing well. (Grammy watch out big beds are in the near future)


I have to leave to get the kids from daycare and take Hailey to swim lessons I'll post some pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment