Hailey is scheduled to have her third and hopefully last eye surgery tomorrow morning at 6:30am. This surgery will be on her right eye only, he is going to attempt to tighten the outer muscle to try and line up her eyes. Prayers this works!!
Now, for a little update as it's been a while since I posted last. Let's start with Hailey. She is doing very well (surgery aside), she has been 100% potty trained for over a week now. No diapers anytime, day, nap or night. We put a little potty in her room and she knows she can get out of bed to use it if she needs to go during the night or morning before we come get her up, and she has used it. She is so very proud of herself for not peeing in her princess panties or her bed. Her talking is really starting to pick up. There are still lots of things we can't understand but lots of things are getting easier and easier to pick up. She knows and says a handful of colors, letters and numbers. She has recently become quite the little artist. She enjoys coloring with lots of colors and stamps and paints. Hailey has even began saying our prayers for dinner, she says thank you for food and mommy and daddy and gigi and papa and bubby and Amen! She is our little princess.
Kolby on the other hand is ALL boy! He loves to wrestle with anyone willing to get down and play. He will wrestle with Hailey and hold her down and tickle her. (I have video of this I need to upload). Kolby knows all his colors and almost does a little eye roll if you ask him what color something is. He knows several numbers and letters as well, we keep working on these. As always he loves to watch TV and is a picky eater. He likes to jump and run. His potty training has not come as far as I would like it and I think I just need to get back on the strict route of things and offer his rewards when he goes (this slowly fell off when Hailey didn't need it anymore but apparently Kolby still does). Kolby's eye surgery last month went really well according to the eye Dr. at this time he does not suspect Kolby will need another.
Next subject update is daycare. I'm torn, last week was the last day of one of my favorite teachers at this center, Miss. Carissa. Miss. Carissa was the kids teachers when she started at this center about a year ago in the two's class, when they lost their three's teacher Miss Cariss stepped up and took that class around the same time Kolby and Hailey were slotted to move up. She loved our kids and we will miss her more than anything. For the time being we are going to see how things go with the new teacher but will also keep in mind that we may be looking for a new daycare sooner rather than later. Wish us luck not a fun task to embark upon.
Hailey is starting swim lessons this summer, every Friday and June and July. Unfortunately, she will be unable to get in the water during the first lesson since it is less than 10 days after her surgery and she can't have tainted water in her eyes for at least 10 days. The swim school says the don't do a whole lot during the first class so we will go and watch hopefully she will be okay with that.
I get to go see my best friend at the end of July and I'm taking Hailey with me. We will be flying to Midland, Texas to spend a few days with Shanidy, Hadley and new baby Mallory. I can't wait and even Hailey seems excited although I'm not so sure she knows why except that she gets to go with Mommy and Kolby doesn't.
Tim and I just had our 5 year wedding anniversary last Friday, May 22. He talked my brother (Uncle TJ) into staying with the kids so we could go out to dinner. We went to Texas Roadhouse and then went over to the mall for a little while and looked around. We stopped in to get our rings cleaned at Gordon's and Tim bought me a new ring. I had to get it resized and should be able to pick it up around June 9th.
Can't think of any other information that I haven't mentioned so I'll stop by for an update after we hear more about Hailey's surgery tomorrow. God Bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment