
These pictures were taken a year ago when we decided to introduce the potty. As you can see Hailey liked to play and see what this new contraption was all about. Well about six months ago we had a steady routine of going potty when we got up in the morning, came home from daycare, and before bedtime. Then one day they just didn't want to sit on the potty anymore, so I let it go so not to pressure them. A few weeks ago I was carrying yet another package of diapers into daycare when the director told me that at the start of the new year I should start bringing them in big kids underware and we could get this training really rolling. I agreed that I would do it. Well here we are the new year and the kids will go back to daycare on Monday in their underware. But, Hailey put a jump on things, for the last few days now she has come and told me "mypoopoopotty" (it really sounds like all one word when she says it). The first several times she was telling me as she started to go. We would rush her to the potty and she would finish her business. Then there were a couple that she would catch it too late and poop in her diaper instead. But all day yesterday and all day today she has caught it before she started to go and would make it to the potty with plenty of time to spare. We still have a ways to go but we are making headway and for this I am grateful. Perhaps once Hailey is fully trained Kolby won't be far behind.
No comments:
Post a Comment