Monday, January 19, 2009
First illness of 2009
On Monday, January 12, the kids were sent home from daycare with a fever. Kolby's was 103, Hailey's was "according to daycare" either 104 or 100.4, either way when I got home and took their temps Kolby was 102.8 and Hailey was 98. But, I scheduled them an appointment at the doctors office just in case. At 5pm we went in to see the pediatrican, they took all their vitals and the doctor didn't like the way Kolby sounded and wanted to do a chest xray. After an hour in the office with two sick children past their dinner time, we get the results - everything looks good on the xray they just have a virus and they should be better in a few days. Well this is good news I guess. So Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday the kids stay home from daycare and for the most part are much better. They both are still snotty and coughing but neither seem to be just miserable. Hailey started an ear infection the day after we went to the doctor's office and I called her ear doctor and got a prescription today, so hopefully we can get her completely cleared up in the next few days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment