Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Doctor Visits

So last week Tim and I took the kids to the doctors. First stop in the morning was the dentist. This visit was primarily to show the kids there is nothing to be scared of when you go to the dentist. They both got to ride in the chair, put on rubber gloves and masks. They showed them how to brush their teeth. Hailey even willingly got in the chair laid back and let them use the light to look inside her dark mouth. She let Dr. Hunter count her teeth and they all said she was the perfect patient. Kolby mainly just stood around and watched. Afterward they got to pick cool prizes out of the treasure chest. Hailey got stamps and Kolby got a page of stickers.

Next we went and had breakfast at Village Inn before heading to the new pediatricians office.

The pediatrician visit was for their three year well check. Hailey is 34lbs (75th percentile) and 37.5 inches (50th percentile) tall. Kolby is 30lbs (50th percentile) and 37 inches (50th percentile) tall. Doctor looked in their ears, nose and mouth and listened to their hearts and lungs. Dr. Daley said they both look great. If I have any questions at all I am to call him anytime day or night. (Love the new doctor)

After this visit we came home and the kids took their nap.

After nap we got up and headed out to the eye doctor. Hailey is still having some yo-yo issues and will be seen again for another check up in 3 months at which time she may be scheduled for yet another surgery. Kolby on the other hand was schedule for surgery April 9th. He is to wear a patch over his left eye for 4 hours a day and wear glasses. We haven't bought the glasses yet because the ones doc told us to get are $200 plus tax and we were under the understanding that Kolby only had to wear them until the surgery in which case I can't justify paying that kind of money for a month of use. If I hear back from the doctor that he will have to continue to wear them even after surgery then I will buy the better glasses if I hear that he only needs them until the surgery I will buy a cheaper pair and hope he doesn't destroy them.

Will update as we find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment